Monday, December 12, 2011

Time to Play

As we reach the end of the semester… I hope all educators take a little time to play around with new tools.  And I mean PLAY… no agenda, no administration making you, no goal in mind.  Some of the best tools I’ve encountered were because I took the time to just play around to see what happens.  For example, this morning I was drinking coffee looking over my Twitter feed and saw this post


I had a moment… so I downloaded the app and tried it out.  No reason beyond it was free, I had 5 minutes and the iPad was charged.  And you know what – it’s a nice app.  I could see it being useful to some.  Maybe a little low power for high end screencasters… but for the new iPad user (perhaps one who has recently been given an iPad by their school IT department) it’s worth a look.   So, take some time to play and make your technology integration choices your own.  You'll be glad you did! 

 … and those of you at Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School get ready!  I hear many students have personal electronic devices on their holiday wish lists… 

No comments:

Post a Comment